Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Picture of the Month #1


So I was at the book store BORDERS the other day, and while bored I wandered into the children's section to check out what books were now specially written for children. While walking around, I suddenly found this book (above). My first response was like "weird looking kid as cover....".... then I read the title and was like "WHOAA WTFF?!?!?!?!? IS THIS REAL??". What kind of outrageous government bull !@%^ propaganda is this!?!? So what do I do? I take my phone out and take a picture of this fecal substance. Just look at it, the title, which is considered to have a very lasting impression, reads ...."Books make me Happy". Now look at the picture of the kid himself portrayed in the picture. First of all, how high must have the artist who drew it been? He looks like a psycho-maniac ax murderer pedophile who escaped from a genetically altering asylum only to be handed books by a random author... taken a picture of ... and thrown on a book with a title of "Books make me Happy". Additionally, this book was placed on a special shelf, to draw more attention to customers. But what kind of impact would this book have on a kid innocently walking around the bookstore?

Kid: *walking around the bookstore*
Book: *sitting there on shelf*
Kid: "B-b-b books M-m-makes Me H-h-happy".....
Kid: BOOKS MAKE ME HAPPY!!!
Kid: *chants to himself*.... books make me happy.... books make me happy..... books make me happy....
*at school the next day*
Teacher: So kids, what makes you happ-
Kid: *finishing teacher's question blurts out* BOOKS MAKE ME HAPPY FOOOOOL!!!!

What makes it even more outrageous is the fact that on the shelf right above that book, theres a couple of books that ironically read "Wreck This Journal"..... Okay, so now I'm looking at a freak book that's titled "Books Make Me Happy"... only then to read the book above that reads "Wreck This Journal". Sooooo..... I'm happy enough about reading to shred what I just read into pieces? ..................

And this is what is being sold at bookstores near you! Thank You!

Follow Me Blog!.... and I will show you the way of life. Not really. 

3 Post a Comment!!:

Unknown said...

i love blogs about day to day life. pretty funny. check out my blog!
http://thenlifegavemelemons.blogspot.com/

Chee154 said...

I just checked out your blog.... and absolutely LOVE IT! It's sorta like my blog but different in a way lol... commented on a few of them. Thanks for reading my stuff and commenting =].

Vaughan said...

Hahaha David it is this kind of subtle yet poignant observations of everyday-life stuff that I like about your blogging ... XD

Honestly if I were a kid I wouldn't for the life of me feel attracted to that puke-provoking book cover ... lol ... But then it isn't really a book, is it? It is a reading log, so it means something like a notebook for you to put down your thoughts after you've read something? XD

Post a Comment